Some folks just love to get under the hood, see what's going on in there. Others would just as soon not even know.
At Potlikker we don't demand or expect that you know or even care to know about all of this techno-mumbo-jumbo. But since it's our hobby, and since some clients have a real interest in the technical details, here is an attempt to catalog some of the many technologies we bring to bear to help you get what you want.
To the right is a brief run-down on the most common technologies we use. For more details, click the hyperlinked technologies and see the third column.
The following list includes some of the technologies that I've worked with:
- HTML - The basic markup language of the web.
- Cascading Style Sheets (CCS) - uses the 'stylesheet' concept with HTML
- DHTML - a combination of client-side technologies that enable user-interactive display of page elements
- PHP - a free, well-supported server-side scripting language
- ASP - Microsoft's server-side scripting environment
- WordPress - Potlikker has set up and maintained several sites using the WordPress blogging engine, which is built using PHP
- Microsoft SharePoint 2007 (MOSS) and 2010 - more info coming soon
Potlikker Has Retired
As of the end of January 2014, Potlikker is no longer in business. It was a one-person consultancy, and, after a year as a full-time employee of a great little high-tech company, I felt it was time to close the doors of my little consulting shop.
Thank you for your interest.
Q. What's with the name, Potlikker?